L2/L3 Technical Support TrainIT
Welcome to Train IT!
Have you ever travelled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your smartphone has an internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stop?
Modern trains are full of information technology - IP based networks, modern protocols like video streaming, voice applications and many others. This software is built with modern engineering tools, object-oriented, and based on the Linux open source software stack.
We are Siemens Train IT team and we are developing a new IT platform for modern trains. Join us and help us create rail vehicles of tomorrow!
- Allong with your colleagues, you will support number of Linux devices and SW applications in our platform for modern trains
- You will support and configure very flexible and complex subsystems like video-entertainment, CCTV, passenger information systems, passenger counting system, and others
- You will work with the proprietary platform, documentation and our System Architect
- You will work in the usual working hours, no on-calls or work at nights/weekends
- Deep knowledge of network technologies TCP/IP, UDP, VLAN, NAT, firewall, routing, etc.
- Experience with SSH/SSL/TLS communication and tools
- Experience with Linux
- Fluent English
Knowledge of these would set you apart from other candidates
- Knowledge of German language
You can look forward to
- Bonus for joining us 50.000 CZK
- Working on a long-term strategic program, not a time-limited project
- Close cooperation with colleagues abroad
- Stable background of the Siemens Mobility company
- 5 weeks of holiday allowance, flexible working hours, comfortable working environment, home office, Multisport card, kindergarten, all for better relax and work-life balance
- Individual budget for benefits which can be changed to a combination of up to 8 days of bonus holidays, credits for cafeteria system and pension/life insurance allowance
- Electronic meal vouchers
- Various discounts and offers, language courses
- A modern workplace in Prague with excellent proximity to public transport (next to metro B Stodůlky station)
Would you like to contribute to such highly sophisticated IT-systems? Send us your CV!
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, education allowance, occasional work from home, corporate Events, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips, self-organization of the job
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.