C/C++ Developer for Embedded Linux - TrainIT
Have you ever traveled on a high speed train like the German ICE or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your Smartphone has internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stops?
Modern trains are full of information technology - IP based networks, modern protocols like video streaming, voice applications and many others. This software is built with modern engineering tools, object oriented, and based on the Linux open source software stack.
We are Siemens Mobility Train IT team and we are developing a new IT platform for modern trains. Join us and help us create rail vehicles of tomorrow!
- You will play a key role in the development of software for Siemens trains.
- Develop new C++ applications
- Maintain and refactor C++ applications already deployed
- Work with Jenkins and Subversion/Git/ClearCase repositories for build and configuration management
- Maintain and improve our Linux embedded platform with Yocto and LTIB
What you should have:
- 2+ years of experience with C/C++ development
- 3+ years of experience with Linux administration, especially Bash, network configuration (routing, firewall, forwarding…)
- 2+ years of experience with Jenkins, Subversion, Git or ClearCase
- Fluency in English
This would set you apart from other candidates:
- Experience with POSIX
- Knowledge of German language
What we can offer to you:
- 25 days of vacation
- Signing bonus 50,000 CZK
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual benefit budget (an amount of CZK 24,000 or 48,000, depending on seniority) that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- Contributions towards pension and life insurance
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English!
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, education allowance
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.