Technical Project Manager for TrainIT
Welcome to Train IT!
Have you ever travelled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your smartphone has an internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stop?
Modern trains are full of information technology - IP based networks, modern protocols like video streaming, voice applications and many others. This software is built with modern engineering tools, object-oriented, and based on the Linux open source software stack.
We are Siemens Train IT team and we are developing a new IT platform for modern trains. Join us and help us create rail vehicles of tomorrow!
- You are responsible for the implementation and integration of TrainIT subsystems along the development lifecycle of a train project
- You define functional concepts, use cases, and system requirements based on customer requirements
- You monitor the work progress and development performance of internal and external suppliers
- You review the work results of your suppliers and take care of acceptance testing (laboratory and train)
- You drive the mechanical and electrical integration of your subsystems into the train
- You completed a course in electrical engineering or computer science (standard period of study > 4 years) - or have acquired equivalent knowledge by practical work
- You completed one or more projects in R&D or Engineering
- You have a good understanding of system architecture as well as network technologies
- You have a broad set of skills in system integration for both hardware and software components
- You are fluent in English
This would set you apart from other candidates:
- Familiarity with railway standards and regulations such as EN 50155, UIC 568, TSI PRM
- Experience with product or solution development
- Knowledge of German
What we can offer to you:
- 25 days of vacation
- Signing bonus 50,000 CZK
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual benefit budget (an amount of CZK 24,000 or 48,000, depending on seniority) that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- Contributions towards pension and life insurance
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.