Technical Product Owner for TrainIT
Have you ever travelled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your smartphone has an internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stop?
Modern trains are full of information technology - IP based networks, modern protocols like video streaming, voice applications and many others. This software is built with modern engineering tools, object-oriented, and based on the Linux open source software stack.
Our system is called RDA and it comes with custom hardware suitable for running in harsher conditions of the train (where it sometimes gets cold, wet and bumpy on the rails). RDA also comes with set of applications like CCTV, passenger counting, passenger information, integration with train control systems (imagine CAN bus in cars, but for train).
We are looking for a technical product owner who would help our Train IT team with communication to our customers and organization. If you have strong technical background, have experience with leading a small team and want to develop your organization and communication skills, please, read on.
- Act as an interface between the team (8 people) and its customers
- Manage team capacity and obligations of the team
- Manage backlog of the team, expectations of stakeholders and project budget
- Optimize workflows in the team and team's communication
- Collaborate with the team on choosing correct technical approach for projects at hand
- Collaborate with team architect on improving state of technical practices and tools, challenge the team to grow its capabilities and improve its service to customers
- On occasions act a project lead in case a customer doesn’t have this capability on his side
- You have experience with leading a small technical team
- You like organization and communication to the same degree as working with technology
- You have programming background in object-oriented languages (ideally C++, but Java, C# is also ok)
- You like Linux systems and you have good understanding on how they work
- You should be able to build your domain knowledge of train systems specifics and understand what team is doing
- You understand configuration management, build automation. You can support the team in building its technical toolchain by balancing it with project delivery topics.
- It will be a plus if you know train business specifics
What we can offer to you
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual benefit budget (an amount of CZK 24,000 or 48,000, depending on seniority) that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- Contributions towards pension and life insurance
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English!
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.