Welcome to Train IT!
Have you ever travelled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your smartphone has an internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stop?
Modern trains are full of information technology - IP based networks, modern protocols like video streaming, voice applications and many others. This software is built with modern engineering tools, object-oriented, and based on the Linux and open source software stack.
We are Siemens Train IT team and we are developing a new IT platform for modern trains. Join us and help us create rail vehicles of tomorrow!
You will be part of the European Engineering team for new and exciting software applications in our trains. Your mission will be to customize Linux image of our Train IT platform for specific train and integrate applications such as passenger information, passenger counting and CCTV. This role requires a wide range of technical skills and a desire to find out how things work and why.
- Be a member of a decentralized, international engineering team
- Configure and customize Linux image for deployment to the train
- Customize applications and configure devices such as network switches and cameras according to the system architecture of the train
- Integrate these applications and devices with other systems in the train
- Build up the test infrastructure
- Define test cases and perform the system integration test
- Provide technical support in your area of expertise, particularly during the commissioning phase
- Experience with Linux as power user or administrator
- Experience with configuration of managed switches
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP
- Understanding of network protocols like DHCP, RADIUS, DNS, multicast, SSL/TLS
- Basic understanding of audio/video streaming protocols
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools such as JIRA or Redmine
- Fluent English
- Willingness to travel
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Hands-on, problem solving mentality
This would set you apart from other candidates:
- Experience in test automation
- Experience in the railway industry
- German language
- Python programming
- Long term interest in the domain, passion for rail and transportation industry
What we can offer to you:
- 25 days of vacation
- Signing bonus 50,000 CZK
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual benefit budget (an amount of CZK 24,000 or 48,000, depending on seniority) that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- Contributions towards pension and life insurance
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.