Open Source and External Software Expert
Siemens has thousands of software engineers working on programs to make the devices, systems, and machines operate efficiently. In doing so, these programmers not only spend their time writing Siemens software but also participate in the development of open source software and integrate with external products and components. At the same time legal terrain of these components is quite complex, with licenses varying from GPLv3 to proprietary product licenses to “Do whatever you want” licenses from some authors. Siemens takes great care to respect intellectual property rights and so we are looking for a new colleague to join our community of External Software experts.
- Ensure license compliant use of third-party software in products and solutions of Siemens Mobility.
- The third-party software can be a commercial software or an open source software.
Collect information from product and project teams regarding their use of external software components.
Collaborate with them on selecting components to be used in compliance with their licenses and in accordance with the internal guidelines of Siemens Mobility.
Prepare component clearing:
- examining of the license terms, if necessary, in cooperation with the External Software Responsible
- documentation of the results of the clearings including their approval in SAP
- archival of OSS source code used
- counseling of SW developers /architects /project leaders
Based on your profile your responsibilities could be also:
- Engagement with community around software clearing tool SW360 (https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/stories/research-technologies/open-innovation/innovations-open-source-software.html) developed by Siemens together with other companies under Eclipse Foundation (https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/sw360).
- Expert knowledge of Siemens SAP processes and support of software engineering department in how to use and evolve these processes.
- University or high school degree in computer science or a similar.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Software-business.
- Orientation on detail, ability to precisely execute and document your work.
- Understanding of software licenses with compliance and importance of documentation.
- Technical Product and System Knowledge
- Fluency in English
- Decision-making ability
- Strategic Thinking and Acting
This would set you apart from other candidates:
- General understanding of software licenses and optionally of license clearing
- Process competence and experience
- Project experience with software projects
What we can offer to you:
- Signing bonus 50,000 CZK
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual benefit budget (an amount of CZK 24,000 or 48,000, depending on seniority) that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- Contributions towards pension and life insurance
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.