Senior CCTV Developer for train-driver applications
Welcome to Train IT!
Have you ever traveled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your Smartphone has internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stops?
Modern trains are full of information technology - IP based networks, modern protocols like video streaming, voice applications and many others. This software is built with modern engineering tools, object oriented, and based on the Linux open source software stack.
We are Siemens Mobility Train IT team and we are developing a new IT platform for modern trains. Join us and help us create rail vehicles of tomorrow!
- Take responsibility for a CCTV application running on driver HMI display and the underlying SW-Stack which is installed in various Siemens trains
- Customize the application for different HMI displays
- Customize the application for different cameras
- Containerization of existing applications
- 5+ years of professional experience developing in Python
- 2+ years of professional experience developing Desktop UI applications (GTK, …)
- Expert Level Linux knowledge
- Fluent English
- Willingness to travel abroad up to 15%
This would set you apart from other candidates:
- Experience with Java
- Knowledge about containerization technologies such as Docker or LXC
- Knowledge about streaming protocols like RTP, RTSP, …
What we can offer to you:
- Signing bonus 50,000 CZK
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual benefit budget (an amount of CZK 24,000 or 48,000, depending on seniority) that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- Contributions towards pension and life insurance
Information about the vacancy
Plzeň-Východní Předměstí, Praha-Stodůlky
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.