C++ SW Architect for Rail Automation
Would you like to participate in development of new generation of railway products that will be used in real life for several upcoming decades?
We are R&D center of Siemens Mobility in Prague focused on complete development (system, HW, SW, mechanics, verification and validation) of railway automation products, which are responsible for safe and uninterrupted operation of railway transport systems used around the world. We focus mainly on signaling systems (trackside equipment), but we also develop onboard train equipment. Our aim is to develop not only safe, but also IT secure solutions, which can face the challenges of modern railway world. Our goal is to develop innovative solutions which can not only operate safely and securely, but we also focus on predictive diagnostics of our products (cloud-based), in order to estimate remaining lifetime and consequently increase the availability of our products in the field with the help of preventive maintenance.
What will be your tasks?
- Design and architecture of Linux based software product with emphasis on quality
- Design of new C++ applications (C++14)
- Analysis and design of state-of-the-art cyber security features and measures
- Closely cooperate with software developers and verification team
- Requirements analysis based on system requirements and specification
- Decomposition of complex systems to sub-systems/components and their interfaces
- Create architecture and interface specifications
What can you look forward to with us?
- Using of cutting edge technologies in the field of building cyber security solutions for rail applications and products
- Professionally equipped working environment and laboratories
- Trainings to improve of technical skills and competences (C++ development, SW architecture, cyber security)
- Relocation bonus in case of moving to the new workplace
What do you need to become a part of our team?
- Good knowledge of programming languages C/C++
- Strong experience with software development process from design to product delivery
- Experience with requirements engineering
- Experience with Linux based development
- Practical knowledge of cybersecurity principles (PKI, certificates etc.) and/or network communication protocols (TCP/IP, ARP etc.)
- You can communicate in English (calls, emails, work inputs and outputs are in English)
- Practical experience with UML and/or SysML modeling language
- Knowledge of design patterns
- University degree in technical science
What do we offer you?
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual yearly benefit budget (in amount of CZK 24,000 or 48,000, depending on seniority) that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- Contributions towards pension and life insurance
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.