R&D engineer - Cost & Value (Mechanics or Elektrotechnics)
We are global competence center for drives and motors based in Prague. We provide automation and drive technology solutions. The mission of our team is to help our clients become leaders in innovation and efficiency. In our Research and Development team we work together in the global X-Functional Team to develop new products in a lean and agile environment at high speed and quality. With cost & value engineering methods, we optimize our product and material costs in development together with other functions along the entire product life cycle.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds #digitalminds
Join us and become our specialist for Cost & Value Engineering!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- you are part of a small group of specialists who oversee the R&D departments of frequency converters and motors in various material fields
- optimizing costs in the electronics field
- close coordination with the specific R&D departments, but also with cross-functional departments (such as purchasing, quality, manufacturing, etc.)
- together, we exchange ideas on methods, projects at divisional and corporate level and bring new viable ideas to our business unit
You can look forward to:
- opportunity to build up a large network and learn different material fields / products, as well as the opportunity to develop in many areas
- this role gives you the excellent opportunity to grow and develop in many areas
- experiencing truly international atmosphere in our team with travelling and use of English on daily basis
- technical education – mechanical, electrical or similar
- experienced skills in manufacturing technology in factories
- extensive know-how in the field of common cost & value engineering methods
- experience in internal and international project management as a project manager in advanced topics such as the optimization of product costs is welcomed
- motivated, self-reliable, high communicative skills, willing to learn
- knowledge of English for daily business communication, German as advantage
We also offer!
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, home office and company nursery school in Prague for work life balance
- an individual budget of 48,000 CZK, which you can turn into a combination of up to 8 days of extra holidays, cafeteria points or pension and / or life insurance
- e-voucher card - you can use for paying in stores like Tesco, Albert
- possibility to become a Siemens shareholder and get free stocks
- various discounts and offers
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, corporate preschool, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual budget for personal growth