Technical Project Manager for Train IT
Welcome to Train IT!
Have you ever travelled in a high-speed train like ICE of German railway, commuted to work with regional trains, or just used a tram or subway of Prague public transport network, wondering how the screens in the train know what to show next? Or how many cameras are installed in the vehicle and what happens with the footage? Or how come that all the passengers can watch movies over the same Wi-Fi?
Modern trains are full of information technologies – IP based networks, digital cameras, wireless access points, video streaming, public announcement systems, systems for counting passengers and many others.
We are Siemens Mobility, our team delivers such IT systems to all vehicles running on rail, and we are currently looking for a new team member. If you have a strong technical background, experience with leading a small project team and want to continue developing your organizational and communication skills, while increasing your knowledge of technologies, please, read on.
- You are responsible for managing the development and integration of Train IT subsystems of a train development project for a particular customer such as Czech railways
- You drive the mechanical, electrical and software integration of your subsystems into the train
- You create specifications based on customer, internal and market requirements; and as well create customer documentation of the subsystems
- You review the work results of external suppliers and internal development teams and take care of acceptance testing in a laboratory or in a train
- You are responsible for adhering the defined quality, deadlines and budget
- You cooperate with specialists across the departments in our company, including procurement, manufacturing, quality assurance and sales
- You completed a study in field of electrical engineering or computer science (standard period of study > 4 years) – or have acquired equivalent knowledge by practical work
- You lead one or more projects in R&D or Engineering as project manager
- You have a good understanding of system architecture, networks and telecommunication technologies
- You are able to create a concept of system integration for both hardware and software components
- You are fluent in English
- You are familiar with railway standards and regulations such as EN * 50155, UIC 568, TSI PRM
- You are experienced with product or solution development
- You can talk smoothly in German
What can we offer to you?
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10am to 2pm
- Possibility of working from home to better combine your work and private life
- Corporate kindergarten close to the workplace in Prague
- Contribution towards meals in the form of e-meal vouchers
- Opportunity to buy Siemens shares
- Multisport card or ActivePass
- Advantageous mobile plan for private purposes
- Advantageous offers for employees (e.g. a discount on a car or on a holiday resort stay)
- Workplace nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague
IN ADDITION, you will have your own individual benefit budget (an amount of CZK 24,000 or 48,000, depending on seniority) that according to your needs and consideration can be converted into:
- Up to 8 extra days of paid leave beyond the standard 5 weeks
- Contribution towards leisure-time activities in the Benefit plus cafeteria (can be used for culture, health, travelling, sports and education, including language courses)
- Contributions towards pension and life insurance
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English!
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, corporate events, work mostly from home, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.