Java Developer for Cyber Security Server System
We are an R&D center located in Prague and our goal is to develop a new generation of devices to control railway traffic. The modernization of the railway tracks is a trending topic worldwide and we are offering them modern, digitalized solutions such as a distributed network of railway control modules, train onboard devices, or a completely new concept of level-crossing.
What does our R&D look like?
Our Prague department consists of more than 100 developers, testers, and other experts. We are developing both software and hardware products with full product responsibility. We take care of the complete development process – from architecture concepts to final validation.
What does your future team look like?
Our Java team has four developers, a scrum master, and a technical product owner who are all working together as an agile scrum team. Their goal is to develop a server-side product for a cyber-security system that will be used by many devices across Siemens Mobility. It is their job is to make sure that all devices which control trains can’t be vulnerable to cyber-security attacks.
Our applications are written in Java and the target system is using Debian GNU/Linux. We have a fully established CI process using Gitlab CI for our automatic tests and build. While working with us, you might also encounter technologies such as: Java 11, Spring Boot, Python (for scripting and testing), REST API, OpenAPI, PostgreSQL, Hibernate, Robot Framework and cyber-security topics such as PKI certificates, TLS and signatures.
What do you need to become a part of our team?
- You can develop in Java
- Experience with git, RESP API and Spring Boot
- Excellent analytical thinking
- You can speak English (the meetings, inputs and outputs of your work will be in English)
What would we appreciate if you have extra?
- Experience with cyber-security
- You know Python or another cripting language
- Experience with Linux
What will be your task?
- Development of a server product in Java 11
- Software implementation for Linux
- Analyse and design state-of-the-art cyber security features and measures
What can you look forward to with us?
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
And that's not all. What else can we offer? Click here to find out: https://www.siemens.cz/mobilityjobs/en/employee-benefits
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
English (advanced), Czech (intermediate)
Siemens Mobility s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility s.r.o.