Senior IT Operations Professional for ECAD applications
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The IT department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age. Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in an international and cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
The ECAD (CAE) team delivers solutions to our users and ensures expert support for all electrical engineering applications, auxiliary applications and related interfaces in operation at Siemens Mobility.
Continuous monitoring of processes, target-oriented and fast intervention and a high awareness of all current issues are key elements of successful operation and high user satisfaction.
We are looking for a Senior IT Operations Professional to support our IT operations for our electrical CAD environment, who will, with her/his enthusiasm and work experience, take over the task, to support our business partners on their way to become a digital company.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will be responsible for operating and maintaining (L2 support) of the electrical CAD application E3.series within Siemens Mobility.
- You will contribute to an ITIL based service, in which you will be in close contact with our business partners, other IT departments, developers and service providers. Therefore, you will autonomously negotiate changes, rollouts and other activities which are necessary for keeping our ECAD environment up and running.
- You will be working together with our infrastructure team, which is responsible for Microsoft Windows Servers, Microsoft SQL databases as well as the underlaying network components.
- Within our team, you will take care of all operational aspects of our ECAD service while also taking care of continual service improvements.
- You will be planning and conducting rollouts of new E3.series versions, and the corresponding PLM interfaces on our server infrastructure.
- You will be maintaining our knowledge databases including end-user documentation and test, approve and implement new tool functionalities.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have successfully finished studies in computer science or electrical engineering or a comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills
- Knowledge regarding electrical and power engineering is preferable (E3.series)
- You have experience in running an ITIL based service. During your career you have gained knowledge in daily IT business with a focus on service management and consulting in the context of CAE environments
- Knowledge in basic development environments (e.g., VBS, .NET) are preferable.
- You have a good understanding of PLM, web, cloud and database (especially MSSQL) technologies
- With your communication and presentation skills, you can present technical issues in a clear and comprehensible way
- You also possess skills in service management, version management and methods to describe processes and their realization in technical use cases, user stories and workflows
- You are willing to travel (approx. 20%)
- You are fluent both in English and in German
- You are highly self-motivated and able to think in a customer-oriented way
What can you look forward to with us?
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
And that's not all. What else can we offer? Click here to find out: https://www.siemens.cz/mobilityjobs/en/employee-benefits
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English!
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
English (intermediate), German (intermediate)
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.