Application Engineer for IoT solutions
Can you transform data into breakthrough insights?
Can you shape the future of production technology?
As an application engineer for our Application Center you definitely will!
We focus on Factory Automation, supporting manufacturing companies, world-wide, in enhancing flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products by offering them a view on their data they need. Our applications, based on edge and cloud computing solutions from Siemens, collect and analyze data from our customer’s production machines. As leading supplier in the automation field, we leverage the existence of the Siemens controllers in many machines world-wide to connect our solutions and provide benefits to our customers.
Join us and become our Application Engineer for IoT solutions!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Development of web-based applications
- Co-creation, requirement analysis and design of the applications closely with our customers
- Using the Siemens’ edge computing platform, you are going to deploy the applications close to the customer’s machine to efficiently monitor and analyze the machine’s data & performance
- Furthermore, cloud connections with Siemens’ cloud platform MindSphere, make specified data also available remotely world-wide
- Development of applications for the remote and intelligent analysis of the conditions of production machinery, e.g., for the purpose of preventive and predictive maintenance
- Development of Dashboards that visualize the status and supervise the condition of machinery
- Working in multidisciplinary teams and in cooperation with key machine builders
- Supporting the commissioning and testing of the web applications together with our customers
You can look forward to:
- Working for a leader in totally integrated automation
- Experiencing truly international atmosphere with use of English on daily basis
- Deepening your knowledge or learning the following technologies (GIT, Gitlab, Docker & MindSphere Cloud, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio Code, Agile methodology of development)
- Benefit budget 48 000 CZK
- 13th salary - yearly bonus
You shall have:
- Knowledge in at least one of the following technologies for web development:
• Java 11 (Spring Boot, Hibernate)
• HTML5, CSS3
- Know-how on communication technology (HTTP/S, REST, MQTT, OPC-UA, TCP/IP)
- Experience in application development (2 years+)
- Good interpersonal skills towards colleagues and customers
- English language for daily business communication
- Experience in industrial field / with industrial customers is advantage
- Experience in working with automation software like TIA Portal, SINAMICS Starter is a plus
We also offer:
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, home office and company nursery school in Prague for work life balance
- An individual budget of 48 000 CZK, which you can turn into a combination of up to 8 days of extra holidays, cafeteria points or pension and / or life insurance
- E-voucher card - you can use for paying in stores like Tesco, Albert
- Possibility to become a Siemens shareholder and get free stocks
- Various discounts and offers
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, notebook, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, cafeteria, corporate preschool, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, 13th monthly salary, individual budget for personal growth