Train IT Solution Analyst
Welcome to Train IT!
Have you ever traveled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your smartphone has internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stops?
Modern trains are full of information technology – IP based networks, digital cameras, wireless access points, video streaming, public announcement systems, systems for counting passengers and many others.
We are Siemens Mobility Train IT team, and we are developing a new IT platform for modern trains. Join us and help us create rail vehicles of tomorrow!
You will be part of the European Engineering team for new and exciting software applications in our trains. Your mission will be to analyze and specify applications and interfaces of our Train IT platform for specific trains. Examples of such topics are train diagnostics, train IT services, passenger information, passenger counting, CCTV or others. This role requires a wide range of technical skills and a desire to find out how things work and why.
- Be a member of a decentralized, international engineering team
- Analyze requirements and map them on Train IT platform features
- Make specifications for custom applications and device configurations such as network switches and cameras according to the system architecture of the train
- Integrate these applications and devices with other systems in the train
- Provide technical support in your area of expertise during whole project lifecycle (definition, development, testing, commissioning)
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Hands-on, problem solving mentality
- Experience with Linux as power user or administrator
- Experience with configuration of managed switches or other IT infrastructure
- Understanding of network protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, RADIUS, DNS, multicast, SSL/TLS
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools such as JIRA or Redmine
- Fluent English
This would set you apart from other candidates:
- Experience in the railway industry
- German language
- Long term interest in the domain, passion for rail and transportation industry
What can you look forward to with us?
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
And that's not all. What else can we offer? Click here to find out: https://www.siemens.cz/mobilityjobs/en/employee-benefits
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English!
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.