Test Engineer Electronics
Our Siemens Motion Control Group (DI MC) is one of the world's leading suppliers of motion control products, systems, solutions and services. This includes around 20,000 employees and the four business segments. With its worldwide plants, R&D and service locations, MC is close to its customers and at home in a wide range of industries.
In our multi-award-winning Gerätewerk Erlangen, we produce, bundle and ship the drive technology of the world of today and tomorrow. Our frequency inverters and the associated information electronics are the backbone of the automation, machine tool and packaging industries. Our inverters help companies improve their performance in a sustainable and efficient way and reduce their environmental impact.
Do you like to support us from our laboratory in Prague?
Do you also have the ambition to actively shape Industry 4.0. with your "can do" mentality and want to become part of the innovation leadership?
Then you've come to the right place - let's drive the topics forward together and leave a "footprint"!
Join us and become our Test Engineer!
Your new field of activity - challenging and future-oriented
- You will develop test software modules for component and device testing for power and information electronics products.
- This includes the conception, planning, implementation, testing and release of the software modules as well as the commissioning and introduction into the series production process.
- In series production, you are the contact person for production (SL2) and test planning colleagues. You will be responsible for the optimization and strategic further development of the system platform elements in coordination with the test platform architect.
- As part of your project work, you will help define work packages, implement them and train users.
- Responsibility for compliance with technical requirements from the Design for Testability Guideline as well as from applicable standards and safety aspects (system protection, personal protection, secure coding)
- Planning interfaces and scheduling dependencies and supplies from and to other disciplines (IT / R&D)
- Creation of software documentation and test specifications
You can look forward to
- Working for a market leader in working for a leader in totally integrated automation and drive solutions
- Experiencing truly international atmosphere and use of English on daily basis
- Great opportunity for personal development - work in HQ functions
- Benefit budget 48 000 CZK
- 13th salary - yearly bonus
Your qualifications - sound and adequate
- You have successfully completed a degree in electrical engineering, preferably with a focus on power electronics or information electronics (standard duration of studies at least 4 years)
- Experience in handling NI LabView Windows, LabView Real-Time Module, LabVIEW FPGA-Module, PXI/sbRio/cRio and acquisition of currents up to 1000A is required
- Preferably you have already gained several years of professional experience in the field of development or testing of power electronics or information electronics
- Sound knowledge of electrical circuitry, electrical measurement technology, manufacturing processes and the PLM process is an advantage.
- Ideally, you have knowledge of automation technology and the function of a drive train (CU, inverter, motor)
- Very good English skills round off your profile
- German language for daily communication is advantage
We also offer!
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, home office and company nursery school in Prague for work life balance
- An individual budget of 48 000 CZK, which you can turn into a combination of up to 8 days of extra holidays, cafeteria points or pension and / or life insurance
- E-voucher card - you can use for paying in stores like Tesco, Albert
- Possibility to become a Siemens shareholder and get free stocks
- Various discounts and offers
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We are committed to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This is how we work best. Problem solvers and entrepreneurs are highly welcome.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens and learn more: www.siemens.com
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, cell phone, notebook, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, company catering, cafeteria, corporate preschool, education allowance, occasional work from home, corporate events, 13th monthly salary, foreign business trips, individual budget for personal growth
English (advanced), German (intermediate)