IT Infrastructure Cloud Solution Architect
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The IT department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age. Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in an international and cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
What part will you play in your new role?
Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? We are looking for an innovative Cloud Solution Architect to define appropriate solutions, software architectures for applications running on various technology platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP.
As a Cloud Solution Architect, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Implementation of our IT Infrastructure Cloud Solutions and Services globally
- Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers on AWS, Azure and other cloud platforms
- SPOC for technical questions on the design and development of IT solution concepts and IT architectures along with the creation of design specifications for the cloud platform
- Evaluate, identify and define potential interfaces for solution components
- Estimate effort and cost for complex solutions
- Manage application and data integration platforms using AWS/Azure Cloud Components
- You will be a key member of our globally distributed team of Architects, Project Managers and Service Managers
- Actively work across the Cloud organization on identifying, designing, and implementing automated solutions
- Help maintain the code and capability environment required to evolve data-driven, analytical capabilities with the end goal of understanding customer behaviour and competitive dynamics
- Work with business and technology teams to define scalable, cloud-native solutions for application delivery
- Provide detailed, high-quality communication and documentation
What do I bring with me?
- 5+ years of experience in the IT infrastructure data center and network domain, creating design, architecture, and implementation
- Experience on modern software technologies like Cloud, Big Data, .NET, JAVA, Containerization, Orchestration, Analytics, CI/CD, Security and development tools like S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, DMS, Glue, CloudWatch, SNS, etc.
- Experience in data modelling, data warehousing, and big data architectures
- Understanding of RESTful API design/build
- Experience using GitHub, Bit Bucket, Terraform or other code repository solution
- Solid experience in IT infrastructure services in large global enterprises
- In-depth knowledge of relational / non-relational database architectures (e.g., MS-SQL, Oracle)
- Experience in the conception of digital projects and design of solutions including Backend connection and implementation
- Experienced in working in DevOps environments
- Ability to drive change
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English
What can you look forward to with us?
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
And that's not all. What else can we offer? Click here to find out: https://www.siemens.cz/mobilityjobs/en/employee-benefits
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English!
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, corporate events, work mostly from home, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.