Application Engineer for IoT-Applications (student position)
Would you like to become a part of a newly established Application Center within Siemens and support the world-wide Application Center Network as part of the headquarters team?
We focus on Production Machines, Industrial Automation, Robotics, Edge computing and support world-wide customers.
Join us and become an Application Expert for Motion Control for Production Machines!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Setup of use-cases within the field of IoT (industrial machinery data collection, analysis, evaluation, machine-to-edge data transfer)
- Creation of PLC & drives applications (simulation & real) for data generation and analytics
- Creating model situations of IoT-application in our Test Lab (hardware and software) to be used by our developed applications and for demonstration to customer
- Maintaining the setup to ensure a high availability for internal & external demonstrations
- Test existing applications to give feedback & suggestions for improvements to the developers
- Working in an international application engineer team and cooperating closely with world-wide machine producers
You can look forward to
- Hand-on experience with motors, drive, PLC, state-of-the-art computers, and edge computing devices.
- Gaining knowledge in the field of IoT applications in industrial use-cases, either near the machine or in cloud applications.
- Get insights into the development of edge computing and cloud applications for industrial use-cases
- Electrical / Mechatronics / Robotics Engineering student or comparable
- Good understanding of PLCs (e.g. SIMATIC S7-1200/1500) & industrial automation
- Interest in IoT applications (Edge computing, cloud computing)
- Knowledge of Industrial Fieldbus (OPC-UA, Profinet, TCP/IP)
- Experience with electrical drives & motors is advantageous
- English language for daily business communication
- Good interpersonal skills towards colleagues and customers
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Temporary work, from 2021-11-01 to 2023-08-31
Type of employment
Agreement on working activities (DPČ)