Cloud DevOps Engineer
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The IT department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in an international and cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
What will be your challenge?
- In your new role as Cloud DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation of our IT Infrastructure Cloud Solutions and Services globally
- Manage application and data integration platforms using AWS/Azure Cloud Components
- Use systems for managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git, BitBucket or GitLab
- Contribute to the architecture and design as we migrate on-premise applications to a cloud environment
- Work on business applications cloud migration activities like requirements gathering, solution design, service request fulfilment, incidents resolution and root cause analysis and implementing automated solutions
- Consulting on application and cloud infrastructure architecture and security measures for projects moving workloads to the cloud
- Work with business and technology teams to define scalable, cloud-native solutions for application delivery
- Provide detailed, high-quality communication and documentation
What skills and qualifications should you ideally have to become part of our team?
- 5+ years of experience in designing, building and supporting multi-regional IaaS/PaaS solutions on Amazon AWS and/or Azure
- Professional experience with DevOps concepts, code deployment processes, microservices, serverless architectures
- Excellent scripting and automation skills
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews (Git, BitBucket, IDE’s, etc.)
- Strong experience in designing and writing CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or GitHub
- Experience of Amazon cloud (AWS) – S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, DMS, Glue, CloudWatch, SNS and other AWS services
- Experience using GitHub, Bit Bucket, Terraform or other code repository solution
- Solid experience in IT infrastructure services in large global enterprises
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort presenting to both large and small audiences
- Experience in the management of service providers
- Strong customer orientation and an ability to drive change
- Proficiency in English – in our company, you will use it on daily basis
What would set you apart from other candidates?
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional certification
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer certification
- Experience developing solutions on Azure
- Familiarity with both Linux & Windows
What can you look forward to with us?
- By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
And that's not all. What else can we offer? Click here to find out: https://www.siemens.cz/mobilityjobs/en/employee-benefits
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English!
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, education allowance, corporate events, work mostly from home, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.