Project Manager/Logistics Digi. Specialist (EDI Coordinator)
Do you have a logistics (international transport) background?
Would you like to continue developing your career in this area, supporting the latest digitization trends?
We are looking for a new colleague to join our growing team focusing on EMEA and China/Pacific region.
Our team of about 12 international colleagues covers various logistics digitization topics that are related to each other. We expect that our new colleague will be able to make independent decisions and solve logistics tasks in the assigned area, but he/she must be also a good team player to coordinate his topic with other team mates.
And, of course, must be passionate about digitization and communication with IT guys…
What will be your job:
It´s all about daily communication by phone and by email with all the stakeholders involved:
- With a specific Siemens Business Unit to support our internal in transferring traditional transport orders via e-mail or phone to an appropriate digital form through EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
- with forwarders to map transportation processes and unify the reporting of logistics milestones (especially in the area of delivery receipt confirmation)
- with Siemens Logistics Procurement central department in Germany
- with your team colleagues responsible for other digital logistics services
- with EDI IT Department
You also must be a process oriented person:
- you will be analyzing existing transport processes between Siemens manufacturing facilities in EMEA/ Asia Pacific Region and freight forwarders
- suggesting improvements to existing processes towards digitization
- supporting transferring those processes into a digital form through EDI
- explaining specifics of Siemens EDI processes to logistics suppliers
- reporting to internal customers
A suitable candidate should meet following criteria
- We need a very good command of English (B2 / C1). German would be your advantage. Czech is not necessary.
- The advantage is also knowledge of processes in the field of transport logistics (all types of transport - ground, air, sea, rail)
- Previous working with the SD module in SAP for transport would be your advantage as well
- it is very important to be familiar with Excel for reporting
- EDI awareness is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- a positive relationship with IT, the ability to collaborate with IT specialists and programmers
- excellent communication, presentation and coordination skills
- ability to enforce the company's requirements towards the service provider
- willingness to travel 20% of time to map logistic processes, to meet with internal customers and stakeholders
What can SIEMENS offer you:
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, home office and corporate kindergarten for better work-life balance
- individual budget for min. CZK 24,000, which you can turn into a combination of up to 8 days off, points to cafeteria or pension and / or life insurance contributions
- a meal allowance in the form of meal vouchers or a contribution to a company canteen
- to become a Siemens shareholder and get free shares
- various discounts and special offers
Join Simens GBS
We will train you properly, provide you with maximum support, and will guide you towards developing your work experience.
We are an ideal place where to develop your career in logistics with diverse team and daily use of languages.
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, corporate preschool, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, corporate events, individual schedules of working hours, individual budget for personal growth, dedicated time for innovations
English (advanced), German (intermediate)