Team Lead Train IT Applications
At Siemens Mobility, we impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. You can travel on our fully automated metro in Vienna or use our high-speed trains on the direct line between London and Amsterdam. You can also encounter the fastest locomotive in the world, Taurus, on Czech rails. By creating energy-efficient zero-emission transport systems, we contribute to fulfilling the Czech Republic's, European Union's and global commitments related to energy, climate, and the environment. The development projects in the Czech Republic also include battery- or hydrogen-driven vehicles.
What will your future team look like?
The Train IT Applications group develops various applications, such as passenger information, driver advisory system, passenger counting and CCTV systems for Siemens trains. This group is formed by 10 junior and senior software developers (java and C/C++). Working in an agile process, we deliver software with innovative features and all quality attributes required for the railway industry.
What will be your challenge?
As our new team lead, you will be responsible for managing the group of developers and take an active role in one or more development projects. People management will typically represent 30% of your working time.
- Take leadership and responsibility for a group of developers and provide them with a clear vision and a purpose for our projects, while creating a positive morale and motivating the team
- Coach team members to improve their programming skills and ensure product quality
- Hire new team members and create enabling plans
- Set targets for team members and coach them to attain their targets
- Plan and supervise the transfer of projects from Germany or Austria to the Czech Republic
- Lead by example, and contribute with your active participation on our SW development projects (java, C/C++, C#)
What skills and qualifications should you ideally have to become part of our team?
- A degree in IT appreciated (but we won´t reject your job application just because you don´t have a degree)
- Experience with leading a team of SW engineers (at least 5 people)
- 5+ years of experience as software developer, preferably Java, C/C++ or C#
- You are able to demonstrate your proven track record of developing a product or an application in R&D
- Experience with full SW development life cycle
- Working knowledge of Git or Subversion, including branching models
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: you communicate clearly and concisely with the team, management and other stakeholders
- You know how to motivate and encourage the team to give their best
- Proactive approach and ability to take ownership
- Fluency in English, as you will use it on daily basis
- Knowledge of German is a plus
- Experience in the railway industry is a plus
What can you look forward to with us?
By joining us, among other things, you will get, for example:
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 100,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
And that's not all. What else can we offer? Click here to find out: https://www.siemens.cz/mobilityjobs/en/employee-benefits
Where can you find our offices? Nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility? Then we are looking forward to your CV in English!
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, contribution holiday, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, corporate events, work mostly from home, individual schedules of working hours, more than 5 weeks of vacation, foreign business trips
Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
ContactSiemens Mobility, s.r.o.