Mechanical Design Engineer
We are global competence center for Drives and Motion Control products and applications based in Prague. We provide automation and drive technology solutions. The mission of our team is to help our clients become leaders in innovation and efficiency.
Join us and become our Mechanical Design Engineer!
What will your main responsibilities be?
- Mechanical design of SINAMICS low-voltage converter cabinets, in accordance with the standards and process specifications, e.g. IEC, UL, RBHW etc.
- Supporting the purchase order engineer with mechanical modifications of the existing basic cabinet design, in accordance with the customer requirements
- Creation of order specific CAD models and assembly drawings
- Mechanical design change management in ongoing orders
- Support the shopfloor during assembly phase
- Post-development product support and maintenance: drawing updates, CAD model creation, incorporate mechanical design modifications in the basic cabinet designs
- Structural design calculations to ensure product safety and conformity
You can look forward!
- Working for a leader in totally integrated automation and drive solutions
- Helping our customers to boost their productivity and innovate their products in the name of Industry 4.0
- Working in an international team
- Interesting and diverse challenges
- Signing bonus 50,000 CZK
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Industrial Engineering or related field or alternatively, a completed vocational qualification in mechanical design or draughtsmanship, with advanced experience in electrical cabinet design
- Basic experience in electrical cabinet design
- Awareness about structural design requirements is helpful
- Competence in some of these tools is preferable (Teamcenter, NX/CAD, SAP R/3)
- English language for daily business communication
- German language skills are preferred for shopfloor support
- Mobility for regular on-site shopfloor support
We also offer!
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, home office and company nursery school in Prague for work life balance
- An individual budget of 48,000 CZK, which you can turn into a combination of up to 8 days of extra holidays, cafeteria points or pension and / or life insurance
- E-voucher card - you can use for paying in stores like Tesco, Albert
- Possibility to become a Siemens shareholder and get free stocks
- Various discounts and offers
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We are committed to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This is how we work best. Problem solvers and entrepreneurs are highly welcome.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens and learn more: www.siemens.com
Information about the vacancy
Siemensova 2715/1, 155 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, cell phone, discount on company products / services, notebook, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, corporate preschool, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, occasional work from home, 13th monthly salary, opportunity to work up hours, foreign business trips, individual budget for personal growth
The vacancy is suitable for graduates.